Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blah.


Well, it turns out that old habits die hard. Brandon has been home for 31 hours and out of that, he has spent about 6 with his family. He went and wrote his exam today and then came home briefly, and he's been out at his friends' house since then. I am NOT taking this personally, I AM NOT. Well, maybe just a little personally.....just a tiny bit....

What's wrong with us?? Why can't he stand to be around us??? We cook for him, clean up after him, talk to him and listen to him. What am I doing wrong?

I guess this visit has been good because it just makes me realize that I did the right thing by sending him to his father's house. As my dad puts it, "He went from being a middle child in your house to being an only child at his dad's house." And that, my friends, is a kid that needs to be the centre of attention all the time.

So, I have decided to attribute his disinterest in us as two things: 1) he's a teenager and 2) he's a teenager. AND- I'm cutting myself a little slack because I am only human...and raising teenagers is a task that requires superhuman powers.

No comments: