Sunday, August 16, 2009

Girl Power!!


It amazes me sometimes, how painful life can be. I have felt it during my 38 years and I am certain that I'll feel it again. But when you have a friend (or two) in pain, it can feel just as excruciating as if you were going through it yourself. Especially if you know what they are going through....because, you can't make the pain go away and you KNOW that it is a long road back to feeling good about yourself again. So, what is a friend to do??? I've come to realize that the only thing you can do is implement the 3 L's- Listen, Love and Laugh. The trick is not to laugh when you should be listening. This is why men are not great at implementing the 3 L's. Let's be realistic here- men are great at a LOT of things but listening really isn't one of them. This is the reason that I cherish my girlfriends soooo much! I mean, I really, really love my husband. He is the person I chose to walk through life with! But, my girls are listening when they should and they never, EVER ask me, "Do you want me to listen right now? Or offer you advice?? My girls know when to call, when to suggest wine-drinking and what to say at ALL TIMES. My girls are a great group of women- we all share the same issues with children, aging, husbands and life. My girls are all from different geographical areas and walks of life....most of them don't even know each other! But I guarantee that if I gathered all my girls into the same room at the same time they would all LOVE each other.

Maybe that's not such a bad idea?

No comments: