Monday, November 9, 2009

My friend Sam.


I've got a soul-sister.

I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but when we get together it's like a family reunion. She is one of the smartest, coolest women I know and she is so insightful and wise at such a young age. In fact, sometimes when she speaks you might think she is an old soul in a young woman's body because she just makes so much sense. She struggles to find balance in her busy life of marriage, family and career but she does it without apologizing, which I admire so much.

I find it really interesting that I wouldn't know Sam if it weren't for my husband. It's obvious that he and I are meant for each other because he has considered her one of his best friends since high school. Obviously we appreciate the same qualities in a friend and Sam has them all....she never judges if we haven't talked for months because she gets it.....actually she doesn't just get it, she's living it right alongside us. Her family is important to her and they are a beautiful family, living life and planting roots in their town 2 hours away just as we are. Her marriage isn't perfect because she married a wonderful, real man just as I did. She understands that she has made a huge committment for the next 15 years to raise her family the best that she can, but she also understands that she doesn't need to be perfect to do it. So do I. She is an educated woman but she never makes you feel dumb. She places value on being successful in her life, and she includes her family in her success...it's not easy to find that balance, but she just does it.

I admire my soul-sister. I love her. I even model myself after her.

But most of all, I miss her.

No comments: