Monday, November 10, 2008

My kid stole a bike......


and I'm really not proud of him. But he is trying to fix the situation by paying back a portion of the bike to the parents' of the kid they stole it from. There was actually six kids who stole the bike.......and it doesn't look like they will all cough up money to refund the poor kid they stole it from.


I've realized tonight that kids are a product of their environment. It is very obvious to me after gathering a couple of kids and making the rounds to talk to parents about the situation regarding the stolen bike. It seems as though some parents would rather discuss "proof" (even though their kid is standing there admitting his guilt and providing evidence) than consequence. I am really interested in shoving a serious consequence down Brandon's throat and have him learn a lesson. Hence, the decision to have him sell something so dear, so coveted that it hurts- his XBox....(thanks Karen and Mike) I have also forced him to face the other 5 kids involved and their parents....this is like social suicide! It's great, and I highly recommend it!!!!!


Anyhow, I'm far from perfect and I don't even know if I'm doing the right thing.... I just know that it hurts my kid to do it, so it must be the right thing to do.........


No comments: