Sunday, November 16, 2008

You learn something new every day.


Today I learned something new about my son, Brandon. For the last 14 years I have never really seen this kid affected by anything- not divorce, not failure at school, not playing his guitar for his entire assembled school last year....but today I saw something! And it gives me hope and it gives me a reason to grasp on and keep going with this kid. Today, I saw my kid physically sick to his stomach because of the stolen bike and the police visits/phone calls.

He was trying to hide it and be the tough guy, but I walked in on him and he was a little embarassed. We had just finished dinner and Kerry the Police Officer called and Brandon had to talk to him. Ten minutes later he was kissing the porcelain Gods. He admits that he has headaches and tummy-aches because of his anxiety....and it doesn't help that one of the accused kids is putting messages on Brandon's Facebook wall and calling him names.

But- my kid made a shitty decision the night he decided to take that bike. Now, he's going to face the social wrath of that decision and I think that scares him.

Me? I'm just happy to see some light in that deep, dark hole of a teenager.

1 comment:

rita said...

You know what we are brought into this world with having to learn alot of lifes little lessons and I think that this is just one of those lessons. Those people that sit back and pass their judgement on Brandon are really people that are not worth having in your life. He just needed to learn a simple lesson and by the sounds of it he has, so nothing else matters. He is soooo lucky to have such a loving and supportive family around him there are others that do not have such luxury. You are a great mother don't let anyone tell you any different.