Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Take Your Kid to Work Day


This morning I am forcing FORCING Brandon to go to work with my brother. You see, he would have gone to a nice, clean office with Eric but he didn't tell us about Take Your Kid to Work Day until last night at 6 o'clock. Eric has meetings with executives at banks and he can't drag an angry, grunting 14 year-old with him.


So, instead, I've arranged for him to go to work with my brother. He's an auto mechanic. Brandon is digging his heels in for all it's worth! He even told me that he'd rather go to school to catch up on work because he's flunking his classes. WHAT?!!? As soon as I heard that, I realized that this is a battle I won't lose!


So, I'll be DRAGGING him to work day. Hopefully there's a lesson in there somewhere for Brandon....something like playing the guitar and video games is called fun, because they're fun. Cleaning tires and getting dirty is called work because, well, you know......

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ooooo so did Les get out the guitar and teach BJ how to change oil?