Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow changes everything.


Ever since it snowed on Saturday night, things have just felt a little more difficult around here. The van always has to be brushed off before I can go anywhere, the dog seems to take longer to do her business, my mom came and decorated our house for Christmas, the washing machine is screwed up again....yup, seems like everything has become a little more difficult these days. Of course, it could have something to do with the fact that my big, adorable, hot-stuff husband is away.

So much has happened since Saturday and I haven't had any time to reflect! There's been police, haircuts, job hunting, a LOT of taxiing, sickness, time-outs, Sea Cadets, cheerleading, grandma, shopping, a little wine consumption (very little- too much driving!!) and snow. In fact, it's snowing right now and the kids are playing outside, getting rosy red cheeks...it's falling so softly with no wind, like a gentle blanket coming down.....

My visit with my mom was ok. It seems like whenever she comes over all she does is work. I would love to just sit around and shoot the shit, but between the kids and the overwhelming amount of housework it's really not possible to sit around and craft together or just chat. I'm sad about that, but very grateful that she came to help out. She's heading home tomorrow if the snow doesn't make that impossible for her.....you see, when you get older the snow changes everything.

No comments: