Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hard work and love......


Oh man!!! I've been so busy my head is spinning.....school is getting pretty intense because there's a lot of homework and a lot of tests to study for. I'm well on my way, though, and I'm feeling.....well.......overwhelmed!!! So far, 3 people have dropped out of the course because it's so hard but I am too stubborn to quit, so I think I'll last.

Last night I had to pick my chin up off the floor when Eric informed me that Tim Horton's called and offered Brandon the job!!! He is proud and excited and so am I.....time to GROW THE HELL UP!!!!!! He starts his orientation tomorrow and we're hoping that he gets some hours over the March Break next week to keep him busy. He bought himself another XBox with his birthday money (remember, we forced him to sell his old one to pay for the bike he stole?).....he'd be happy to stay in the basement 24/7 if we let him. But between band 4 times a week, Cadets and a job we're hoping to keep him busy enough to stay out of trouble. The only new glitch is that he has another new girlfriend so I hope he can manage to fit her in somewhere too. Brandon has a certain charisma that the girls seem to love.......there something about Brandon.

And my Emma seems to be smitten as well! She has met a boy in her Philosophy class and I've never seen her so giddy! Apparently, this boy has had a crush on her since grade 9 when they had a class together. He told her that he used to "sit in class and watch" her....but not as a creeper! Only because "she's so pretty". What girl wouldn't fall for that?!!? I figure that as long as she's happy, I'm happy. That's all that really matters to me in the end.

My husband has been a great support to me as I've struggled to get back into the grind. He is a natural at packing lunches, brushing hair, and giving hugs. And he always smells good too. What girl wouldn't be in love with all that? This family is so lucky to have that man behind us, pushing us all along. I'm so lucky that he chose me.

No comments: