Sunday, March 22, 2009


I am having a hard time keeping up posts on my blog!! I've been so busy that I haven't had time to think, never mind write!

Anyhow, we've got everyone home from their March Break activities. Emma got home last night and she looks amazing! She got just enough sun to bring out the freckles across her face and give her some tan lines. She had a wonderful time and she was full of stories about the people she met on the ship. I'm sure she'll have a bunch of new Facebook friends now!

Brandon came home on Friday around 4:30. His "dad" dropped him off in the driveway and took off without a word to me or Eric who was standing in the driveway when he pulled in. Brandon came in and I took one look at him and knew he wasn't right. He looked sun-tanned from 4 days of spring skiing, but he also looked like he was in a lot of pain. And he was. I didn't take it too seriously at first- I scolded him for doing tricks and jumps on his skiis and posting it on Facebook. The thing is, though, that when I saw the video on Facebook he seemed to be quite in control of himself and he was wearing a helmet so I wasn't too worried about him getting hurt. I mean, it's Brandon we're talking about here....he is famous for doing stupid things and walking away unharmed, right? Apparently not this time. By 6 o'clock, Eric and I had a good look at his shoulder and Eric decided that HE was taking him to the hospital. I was struggling with my anger at F**ko for bringing him home in that shape and doing absolutely nothing to help. I mean, he didn't even come into the house to tell us how hurt BJ was! So, my wonderful husband took BJ to emergency at the hospital and had it x-rayed. Turns out, his shoulder is separated from his rotator cuff. Ouch!! He's going to have to wear a sling for a few weeks and he's been taking codeine fairly regularily for the pain. His shoulder is so swollen that when he stands up and faces you, it looks like he's leaning to the right. I'm thinking that physiotherapy is in our future. I'm also thinking that going to Steve's house during ski season is out of Brandon's future. According to Brandon, Steve lets them (he was up there with a friend) loose on the hill and comes back 12 hours later to pick them up. They eat at the lodge and then get right back out there. There has been a few too many skiing accidents this winter for me to take a risk with Brandon's life. I don't think I'm unreasonable either. I'm just a mom.

So, with Emma home and Brandon in a sling, Sam decided to grab some attention of his own last night. That's right, he started to complain about his tongue. He played outside all day and his lips got all chapped and lumps were forming under his bottom lip. Then the tip of his tongue started to bother him and his face was getting red. Eric and I had to pick up our hearts off the ground. We just looked at each other and we wanted to cry. It's 4 weeks since the last outbreak and the symptoms were all there. But today he hasn't said a word!! We have been keeping his lips covered with ointment so they don't get chapped and he hasn't cried about his tongue at all- so we are hoping, hoping that it's not going to happen.

And now, I'm going to go study while I have the chance. Big test tomorrow!!

No comments: