Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Hiring Freeze??


I thought the only thing frozen was my cold, cold ass! (It was -25 C with the windchill today-brrrrr!) But that's just not true.....today I found out that there is a hiring freeze within a lot of hospitals in and around the GTA due to the recession. That's great. How can I, a nurse, possibly have a hard time finding a job?!!? There's a serious nursing shortage in this province and nobody's hiring.....well, I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot. I'm just going to work really hard in school and even harder during my clinical placement. Today, a girl in my class dropped out because it was too hard. Eric says it's like the Marines but the truth is that it's more like the Navy Seals! It's so much information, so fast- just like the OR environment. So as long as I can keep up in class, I'll have no problems in the operating room. I hope. And if there's a hiring freeze and I don't get hired for a coupla months, I'll just sell more jewellery. At least I have a plan, right?

On the homefront, we have a recovering Sam (no puking today!!), a sick Eric (God forbid he has what Sam had!), a happy Kristen (it's healthy snack week at school- the girl loves to eat!), and Emma and Brandon are out for dinner with their "dad" (otherwise known as F**ko or FOTY-Father of the Year). You see, it's birthday time for Emma and Brandon so Emma has texted Steve non-stop to find out when he was coming down to take her out for dinner and give her some damned birthday money! And now he's here.....yay. But the big news in our house tonight is.........

BRANDON HAS A JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

It's at Tim Horton's. And he had better give off good "I am a really great worker" vibes and get the job. Or else. Actually, it would be great if he got the job before he gets the piercings in his lips that he wants called, "snake bites". I am hardly the right person to tell him that he can't get a piercing or 2, so I'll just wait for him to get them and then suffer from an infection. Then maybe he'll figure it out on his own, like me. Or maybe not, like me. He can do whatever he wants with his body; I'll still love him.......

So that's what's going on here in a nutshell. Blissfully boring! And I couldn't be happier.....

1 comment:

KristywithaK said...

Marines - Hoorah!
Jewelery - I'm there!
F**ko - Boo!
Interview - Yay!
Snake Bites - Huh?