Thursday, February 5, 2009

And tonight, a different kind of music........


I am writing this blog to the sound of both Kristen and Sam crying in their beds. It seems as though sibling rivalry is getting in the way of a peaceful bedtime routine, so tonight I refused to read them a story or let them brush their teeth. Kristen is freaking out because Sam "hit" her 20 minutes ago, and Sam is freaking out because he's not allowed to brush his teeth. (He's a very task-oriented person and it's killing him that he can't carry out all his evening tasks!) I have been struggling with this routine all week while Eric has been away and I was hoping that he would be home tonight to help me out but he's not.

You see, Eric called me from Heathrow to tell me he's leaving me and he's not coming home.

KIDDING!! He's not home yet because, are you ready? **Deep Breath**.........

His flight from Ireland left an hour and a half late so he arrived at Heathrow too late to make his connecting flight to Toronto so he had to wait a few hours to get a flight to Montreal and when he got there he found out they cancelled the flight from Montreal to Toronto because of a malfunction on the plane and the next flight into Toronto doesn't land until 9:30 tonight.

WHEW!!

I just can't wait to hug him. I'm sure he's gonna be exhausted.....So now I don't feel so sorry for myself for having to deal with the whole "Bedtime Routine"....he's still sitting on a plane and in the time it has taken me to write this blog, the crying upstairs has stopped. Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

No comments: