Monday, February 2, 2009

A new chapter begins!


Well, I wasn't going to write on my blog tonight because I am EXHAUSTED. But I am so excited about a new chapter starting in my life, that I just can't contain myself!! I had my first day of school today. I haven't slept for 2 nights because I have been so nervous and excited....now I'm just excited and feeling an urge to get back to nursing that I haven't felt for years!! To be quite honest, I don't think that I'm a nurse that actually enjoys bedside care. Wiping bums, dealing with families and pushing a medication cart just isn't my thing so I was nervous that I wouldn't really enjoy working in the OR either. But today, when I saw all those cool tools I just knew that I was exactly where I should be. I mean, let's face it- my father and my brother are both mechanics so I think I have a bit of the "mechanical thinking" gene as well and that's gotta be the reason I loved to see all those shiny, metal intruments.

Don't get me wrong here- going back to school is going to be a challenge for me. Anyone with 4 kids probably wouldn't disagree, but lucky for me! I LOVE a challenge! And even luckier for me, my husband has a pool of patience the size of the Atlantic. He truly just wants me to do what makes me happy.....unconditional love, I'd say....

I'm sure that I'll be bitching about the workload in no time, but for tonight I am blissfully happy. Exhausted, for sure, but happy nonetheless.

1 comment:

Eric Ilaqua said...

Way to go Jo! I know you can do it! xoxoxo