Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love Letters.


I've always known that I married the perfect man. He's funny, he's smart (and full of useless information), he's beautiful inside and out....he is very sensitive to my needs and he's totally committed to our marriage and our family. My man works HARD to give us the wonderful lives we have and my love, respect and admiration for him is endless. After 9 years together, I really didn't think he could surprise me.....until the LOVE LETTER.

Yesterday, Eric left for Ireland. I was skating with the kids at a party and he came to watch them for a few minutes before he had to catch his flight. We waved to each other, blew kisses, and I watched him walk away. I was sad, but I'm getting used to this now. Last night, as I sat alone (the kids were asleep) I thought about how much I missed him. I really did look forward to a night alone but once I was (finally!) alone I only felt like something was missing. So, I went to bed.

As I reached out to fix my pillow, I felt a piece of paper. I chuckled and thought one of the kids left me a "treat". So I turned the light back on and felt my heart jump when I read what was in my hand. On the outside it said, "Open me xxoo" in red ink with a heart. So I did....and I was so overcome that I just began bawling! It was the sweetest most perfect gesture a man could ever make....... a love letter. I'm not going to reveal the contents of the letter (SOME things have to be kept private!) but suffice it to say that my husband reached a new level of "perfect" last night. And I ask you.......after 9 years together, what else could a girl wish for?

No comments: