Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood.


Well....here we are. Almost to the middle of February. The weather couldn't be better this week- See ya later, snow!! Kristen was out of the trampoline after school today, and I noticed that it was still light out at 6pm!!

We're about 2 weeks into the second semester, and I've already received my second phone call about Brandon!! I couldn't believe it when his science teacher told me that he has not been "engaged" in the class and that he's "disruptive" and has a "bad attitude". Really?!!? (sarcasm). I told the teacher that I no longer talk to anyone from school without Brandon present and that I would be happy to come by any day other than Monday...I told him that Brandon has to be accountable for his behaviour and if only the teacher and I are talking, Brandon is not being held accountable. The teacher told me he would talk to Brandon this afternoon, and call me with a meeting time for this week. Brandon came home from school and said, "The science teacher was actually nice to me today!". So I asked him, "Did he talk to you about your behaviour in the class and when we will be meeting together?" and Brandon said, "No. Why are we meeting with the teacher?"

Un-freaking-believable.

You know what else is unbelievable? Yesterday, I spent 7 hours in class just learning the principles of scrubbing, gowing and gloving. Not even practicing- just learning how! Like, reading textbooks, looking at PowerPoints and watching videos of proper technique! I had NO IDEA how many things needed to be considered to operate on someone! I guess I had just never really considered how much work is involved in preventing infection during/after surgery....now, I will never forget!

Sam and Krissy's eyes are better and they are almost done the drops for pink eye. But tonight, Sam started complaining about a sore throat so I guess I can predict my near future; lots of whining, sleepless nights and more whining. Suffice it to say, Sam is not the best patient. In fact, he's a nightmare. Cute, but a nightmare. Tonight he stood in the kitchen, naked, asking for the clothes that Grandma and Grandpa bought him in Florida. Problem is, they are still in Florida. He just couldn't grasp that and he had a freak-out. Ah! The joys.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo about the picture is that a recent pic? If so your face looks thin.

Eric Ilaqua said...

I beleive that was taken at the Suter Xmas party in December....and its not just her face that's thin...the rest of her is thin too!..She's doing awesome on her new fitness regiment and it really shows!...xoxo