Sunday, February 15, 2009

No Drama...


My, my! It's been a very busy weekend for us....

Yesterday, Eric and I went out to get Emma's birthday present......a new cell phone. So, I'm a little pissed about it, but it's what she really wants. Why would I be pissed, you ask? Because for the last 3 birthdays, I have given Emma a new cell phone. In fact, I just found the phone that we gave her last year on Thursday. It was mangled and in a hundred pieces at the side of the driveway because that's where she lost it- and that's where Eric snow-blowed it. So as far as I can tell, buying Emma a cell phone is like throwing money out the window. Well, whatever.....she was happy with it so I will pretend to be happy.

Yesterday Eric and I took Sam and Kristen bowling. Have you been bowling lately?!!? It was quite an experience.....we walked in and it was pitch black with glow-in-the-dark carpeting, strobe lights and flashing coloured lights. The music was BLARING. It was packed. It did cost about $37 for a half hour of bowling, 4 pairs of shoes and a pop and some nachos for the kids. The kids were complaining that the music was too loud, but otherwise they enjoyed it. I really, really suck at bowling but that worked out because everyone beat me and had a fun experience!

Today, we took the kids and the dogs for a hike on a trail near our house. Cindy has gained a bit of weight (she now snores as much as the bulldog) because all she does is sleep and I think she was happy to get out in the woods for some exercise. After the hike, we went skating! The kids LOVE skating....this is an ideal sport because it's cheap ($6 for 2 adults, 2 children) and it's something we can all do together. Today was Eric's first time out this year and he is amazing! A natural! Kristen and Sam love it a lot now too because they really don't fall that much anymore...

So, no drama this weekend.....and I'm kinda thankful for that. But we are all pretty tired!!

No comments: