Saturday, February 7, 2009

Farm Living.


I miss the farm. I haven't been there since, oh, early November and I miss it terribly. It is so serene and organic.....but while my parents are in Florida, we don't go there. It's not the same when they're away anyhow, so I guess I am also missing my parents.

When I visualize the farm I see cows (of course!), tractors, Happy Hour on the front porch and gardens. When I think about the sounds of the farm? I hear cows bawling, crickets, tractors in the distance and Speedvision BLARING in the living room (my dad). Every time I look at my parents' dog, I think about them and the farm and how much I miss it all.

Today was a warm-ish day and we lost a lot of snow (Thank GOD!!!). It reminds me that spring is coming, my mom and dad are coming home soon, and we are going to get back to the farm again.

No comments: