Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to the 1950's


I know that I wrote yesterday about how fast time flies when you're raising a family....and it really is amazing. But today I'm reflecting on how much my family takes me for granted... I know, I know- it's nothing that I haven't "mentioned" before. But some days it just seems so much more glaringly obvious. It's no secret that things have become very 1950's since last August...I've been home taking care of the cooking, cleaning and kids and in a lot of ways I feel very fortunate! I've had the opportunity to become intimate with Brandon's teachers and principal, I've spent more time in my minivan than I ever imagined possible, I've learned the valuable lesson of being places at specified times as directed by Emma, and I've been afforded the time to go to Kristen's school every week to retrieve her snowpants, hats and mitts! Yup, I've been lucky.....and I am really ready to go my own way a bit. I'm excited to think that in a few months I'll be working, contributing financially to my family and contributing mentally to myself. I really do give credit to anyone who is willing and able to put everything aside for their family because it's a tough job.....but it's a job that I just cannot see myself doing 24/7, long-term. I love them, but I love myself too and sometimes, just sometimes, I need to come first.

2 comments:

Eric Ilaqua said...

Stop being so selfish...your family SHOULD come first and your husband should come before ALL of them...You should be dead last...which is where you are at so just be happy you're where you are supposed to be....xoxo

Karen said...

Where the hell do I fit in?
You painted for me in August...then helped me move in January.
Some emotional support in between, but really...that's FIVE MONTHS of neglect.

So if you husband comes first, your family second, then definitly KAREN should be third, making sure your rank stays dead last...

lovaya xoxo