Saturday, April 18, 2009

Aging.


I hate to admit it, but I am getting older. The problem is that I still mentally feel like a 20 year-old but my body is not keeping up like it used to. A good night's sleep eludes me because I'm waking up to pee. To PEE!!! That's something that happens to senior citizens!! My wise 17 year-old told me to stop drinking wine at night and that would fix my problem....ah! She's probably right, but I certainly won't tell her that! So, I've been up since 5:15 this morning. It hasn't been bad, actually; I've done homework, laundry and now I'm blogging...maybe sleep is just a time-waster? I'll let you know around 1 pm today when I am dying for a nap!!

Last night my husband and I had an amusing conversation about ourselves that was really quite enlightening. I started talking about breeding the dog.....she's about to go into another heat cycle and she's 3 yrs old next week so now is the time if we are going to do it.....and he said, "So, you're going to be a dog breeder, keep a puppy, sell jewellery and work in the OR?" All I could do is laugh! He's so got me pegged!! We are such polar opposites when it comes to some stuff.....and while I'm out with my head in the clouds, he gently reaches up and yanks me back down. And when he can't get his feet off the ground, I reach down and yank him up to the clouds. I love how much we need each other but for totally different reasons.

So, I guess if getting older means getting to know yourselves and accepting each other I'll take it. I just wish it would come with a good night's sleep.

No comments: