Sunday, April 5, 2009

Stress free.....Wha...???


I can't remember the last time I just relaxed on a weekend. I do recall that before I had kids my friends and I would get together and play tennis, go golfing or watch movies during the day. Those were the days when I had basically no stress, no worries, no problems....I am feeling a little tired of the treadmill of wake, work, sleep. Probably because my kids really can't appreciate how hard it is and how thankless it is. Even on the days that they are in school I am busy trying to run around, do homework (5 weeks left!!) and clean up the mess they left behind. In fact, I often have someone home on those days- sick.

Sometimes I wish I could just step out of my life for a day or two. With my husband....I would take him with me.....after all these years, he's the one I want to spend my time with. Actually, I don't know a lot of couples like us- work, stress, kids- it hasn't stopped us from being in love. You know how a lot of couples still love each other but they don't feel that heart-stopping in love feeling? Well, we still have it....and it makes our kids sick!! We have discovered that the fastest way to clear a room of kids is to start kissing each other.

Anyhow, if my kids understood anything about anything they would totally leave us alone once in awhile. And I guess if I understood anything about anything, I would thank my mom for allowing me to have stress-free weekends with my friends when I was young.

Thanks Mom.

No comments: