Monday, April 13, 2009

MTV and Easter Candy.


It's been a tough day. A day that Eric had to work and I had to go to school, but the kids didn't have school.....and the babysitter didn't work on Easter Monday. So, all 4 kids stayed home together while I sat at school and worried aaaaalllll day. I worried about the fact that the little ones would be jumping on the trampoline and Emma would be too busy texting to notice if they fell off and broke their necks. I also worried that Brandon would take them in the driveway to ride bikes and take off on his longboard. I worried about what they would eat (Easter candy) and what they would watch on t.v. (MTV)......after a day of worrying and menstrual cramps, I came home and decided that from now on I wouldn't leave the little kids at home with Emma and Brandon anymore. It's just not worth the worry!

I told Emma that she did a good job, but that it really isn't fair to expect her to run the show for 10 hrs while we were away. Kristen is saying stuff tonight like, "that sucks!" and Sam wants to wear shorts outside because his brother does it. It would be nice to be able to count on the kids to help out in a pinch, but not for quite that long.

Now I need to undo some of the teenage influence on my 6 and 4 year-olds. Yikes.

No comments: