Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teenagers- Instructions not Included.


I am always surprised and amazed at the tenacity of lazy teenagers. They wouldn't hesitate to push you down and walk on you if it got them from point A to point B with the least amount of effort. And when it comes to money/friends/friends/money the same rules apply. I can't force, FORCE Brandon to do his homework.....and it's because he cannot see past the fact that his paycheque from last week has not yet been cashed. He has a bank account but no bank card is attached to it so he hasn't deposited the cheque. I have offered to take him to Eric's office on Friday so Eric can help him change his account, but that just isn't fast enough. So, instead of just waiting until Friday he has swept, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned his room, loaded the dishwasher.....EVERYTHING but the one thing I want him to do- homework! Whatever room in the house I find myself in, there's Brandon! Just sitting there.....sniffling because he refuses to blow his nose. So, I have decided to ignore him.

This makes his blood boil.

The more I ignore him, the harder he tries to get me to notice him so I'll take him to the bank before Friday. So, I figure that if I continue to ignore him he'll have the entire house cleaned, inside and out in no time. Hell, maybe not......but at least I have figured out the rules to his game, right?

No comments: