Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh. My. God.


Somebody help me!!!

I have been dealing with teenage hormones/angst/anger since I got home from school at 3:30 today. It all started last night when Emma walked in the door.......

Stoned.

That's right, stoned. And it was very bizarre because it was a Sunday night, no party, just her and her boyfriend at his house after his parents took them out to Moxi's for dinner. So, to say the least, I was very, VERY disappointed in her. I felt it was disrespectful and I was shocked that she would find herself being driven home by his mother because her boyfriend was not fit to drive! WTF???

So, what's a mother supposed to do? I wasn't sure, so I grounded her for a week. No boyfriend, no going out, no life. And that's what she deserves, but she hates my guts. Thinks I'm ruining her life, thinks I hate her boyfriend, hate her life........so I offered her the option to just leave and see how that works for her. Of course, I was very quick to point out how it worked for me 20 years ago. But she's going to have to make her own decisions, her own mistakes. I guess hating me is just all part of the process. It just sucks is all.

1 comment:

my mother told me there would be days like this said...

dear jo
girls are meant to go through their teenage years hating their mothers..its just the circle of life...we remind them that their carefree carelessness will one come to an end like it did for us...we represent everything that they will strive not to be no matter how good of a job we do..
BTW Happy freakin Mothers DAY