Monday, December 8, 2008

Brandon.


I've had a lot of people ask me about Brandon over the last few weeks. I just wanted to let y'all know that he's doing really well.

He seems to have found a good crowd of friends, he joined the Navy Cadets, shaved his head, and is pretty heavily involved in the music culture at school. I would have to say that things in our house have improved 150% over the last 4 weeks- he even brought home 2 tests last week- 100% and 65%... NOT to say that he isn't still the same annoying, attention-seeking, constant-need-for-stimulation Brandon....but when he smiles, I see the old Brandon again. The sweet, helpful, funny Brandon that I had missed so much.

I have to thank my dad for being the one to help me see what that kid needed when all I really wanted to do was give up on him. You see, Brandon and my dad are kindred spirits- VERY much alike in personalities. My dad could see what he needed when all I could see was desperation...guess that's what parents are for, right?

I'm sure that he's going to continue to test the limits as he goes on through the year- I'm expecting it! But at least when I'm disciplining him I'll remember who he is...and what he's really capable of.

Thanks Dad xoxo

No comments: