Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another day, Another adventure.....


Yeah. Another "adventure". The problem is that I am really, really tired of adventure.

I'd like to experience a nice, normal day....is that too much to ask?

Early this morning, at approximately 2am, Sam presented at the side of our bed gasping for air. It seems he developed croup and was in that "Ican'tbreathohmygodI'mfreakingout" stage. So, I jump out of bed and carry him into the bathroom and run the shower for awhile. You see, we've been down this "croup road" before...Kristen and Sam have both had it every year since birth....so we're getting pretty good at dealing with it. At this point, Eric stayed in bed since he's the one who has to drag his ass to work in the morning.

After awhile, I got Sammy set up in front of the tv with a cup of hot chocolate and the Disney Channel and he though it was the greatest thing ever! I started to drag out the humidifier...the only problem was that it had no filter.

So my dear, awesome husband got dresssed and headed to Walmart and Shoppers Drug Mart for supplies...after an hour and some searching, he came home with a new humidifier because he couldn't get a filter at 3am...

In the morning, Sam was tired and cranky and stuggling for breath but otherwise pretty happy. You know who wasn't very happy? Jewel. Poor dog was c-o-n-s-t-i-p-a-t-e-d.....spent the entire morning trying to poo and almost turned her poop-shoot inside out! I felt so sorry for her but I couldn't do anything to make it easier. (Believe me- I've BEEN THERE! If there was something I could have done, I would have!)

Now it's early evening and Sam is still pretty scary sounding and quite sick but I think he's going to be just fine. It's another one of those times that I don't regret going back to school and becoming a nurse, even though I'm still paying off my damned student loan!!

And Jewel has had a couple of successful bowel movements and a bath...I'm going to start giving her some mineral oil with her dinner from now on!

And Eric and I? We're exhausted beyond belief. We'll probably go to sleep tonight and dream about having a nice, normal day....whatever that is.

1 comment:

KristywithaK said...

Poor Sammy :( I hope he get's better soon and I hope you and Eric are able to catch some much needed Zzzzzs