Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kids are a lot like dogs.


The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the secret to raising a well-adjusted child is the same secret used to raise a puppy into a nice dog-

1) Give them lots of fresh air and exercise to tire them out

2)Feed them quality food so they don't get the shits

3)Bathe and brush them frequently to get the crud off

4)Never, ever, ever leave the tv remote within reach or it will be chewed!

5)Overlook strange behaviour such as genital licking or scooting on the carpet

6)Spend EVERY WAKING MOMENT WITH THEM so they don't have to walk around the house screaming, "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY?!!?

7)Discipline as needed, even when a cute face is staring at you.


I don't know when people started thinking that their kids needed "choices". To me, that's like telling a kid that you have no idea what to do. The last thing you want is for your kids to smell weakness!! It's like bathing yourself in Alpo and hoping the dog doesn't smell it!


When dog owners raise their puppies from a place of fear the dog grows up and becomes the Alpha...same with our kids, people!!

I'm no expert on child-rearing (clearly!), but the more I think about it- the more I realize that there are times when my dog behaves better than my kids.

No comments: