Monday, December 8, 2008

Great....now the dog's anus is bleeding....


First my dad, now the dog.....what is going on here?!!?

I feel a little for Jewel. She went into heat on the same day I decided to start feeding her a raw diet...so let's just say, her tummy has been a little wonky. BUT- her fur is sooooo soft!!

I went to our local butcher and they have pre-ground, pre-packaged raw food which includes chicken, livers, bones, and a few veggies. Jewel loves dinner time now! The only problem is the bleeding I noticed this morning as she strained to take a poo-poo. Now, Jewel straining to take a poo is really no big deal; she IS, afterall, a BULLDOG....they strain just to breathe. But when I saw the blood trickling out (WHAT?!!? SHE HAS NO TAIL- I COULDN'T HELP BUT NOTICE!!!), I realized she has a little issue.

Unlike my dad, though, she doesn't seem otherwise unwell....she lays around the same as she did before. And my dad is all better now, so I think I'll just wait it out and see what else comes out of Jewel's anus over the next few days...

No comments: