Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Great Christmas Tree Hunt.


The tree has been picked, cut down, trimmed and decorated. I think it's one of our best so far...the journey to the tree was fun and, at times, annoying....

You see, it all started with 3 very tired teenagers. I know, I know! We only have 2 teenagers! Somehow, magically, we picked another one up along the way named Alex (friend of Brandon). He's such a nice, well-mannered kid and I gladly would have traded Brandon for him early yesterday morning when it was time to go...."Mom- I don't really WANT to go"...."Brandon, I don't care. You're going, and you're damn-well going to have fun. If Alex wants to go home, we can drop him off....."....."But, Alex WANTS to go...I don't".....BLAH, BLAH,BLAH.......So, after a small arguement that I was unwilling to lose Brandon, Emma and Alex were squished in the back seat of the van with hats, mitts, coats and miserable looks on their faces. Eric and I turned on the Christmas music and sang our asses off while in the middle row, Kristen and Sam fought and pounded each other and in the back row, the teenagers looked like they were making a suicide pact.

The truth is, I didn't really care who was tired or cranky or cold.... I was going to find the perfect tree. We had a great time with Caroline, Ron and Saida (as always) and by the time we took the tractor ride out into the forest everyone was getting into it! Even Brandon....

I tend to measure successes in "kid measurements" such as: it was a great day because I didn't have to carry a 60lb slippery snowsuit through the deep snow... Or: it was a great day because nobody peed their pants...Or: it was a great day because the teenaged hormones stayed away....But, what really made it a great day was my family. Blemishes and all, we're a team...and team ILAQUA got a kick-ass Christmas tree this year!

2 comments:

ariesgirl said...

Gorgeous...it's the perfect tree!! Now you better get some wrapping done!

KristywithaK said...

Looks beautiful Jo! Well worth the initial agony!