Friday, December 5, 2008

A Christmas Miracle.


That's what it's going to take to get all 6 Ilaqua's together to cut down our damn Christmas tree! It's all planned for tomorrow morning...we're meeting Caroline and Ron at Drysdale's in the early a.m. so we can get in, get the goods and get out before the crowds arrive. The stealth coordination necessary to complete this maneuver is overwhelming...Emma needs to be picked up at 7:45am from her friend's house, Brandon has a friend sleeping over and he's going to come with us, Caroline and Ron are meeting us at 9:15....whew!! I'm not even mentioning the work involved in getting everyone dressed and finding 6 pairs of mitts that match!

A few years ago, when I found myself with 2 VERY young children I told Eric that I didn't want to go through all of this crap just to cut down a tree...he listened, but then he told me that it was our special tradition and everyone loves it so just, basically, SUCK IT UP. So, here I am several years later facing all the overwhelming details again. But the kids are so excited- even Emma and Brandon! And when I watch them get excited, I get excited at their excitement!! That's kind of when I realize that it doesn't take a Christmas Miracle to gather a family together-all it takes is a tradition.

No comments: