Sunday, December 28, 2008

The eating/drinking madness has to end.


Like all good things, my eating and drinking has to come to an end. I've had a great time eating my way through the last 4 months and especially over the past week, but things have to change. I feel horrible, I look awful and I'm going back to work at a job where I'll be standing for 8hrs at a time....so, I've got my Dr. Phil books and my Wii fit and treadmill and a changing attitude!

The only problem is that I need to examine why I am such an emotional eater. Every time I'm sad, happy, bored, anxious, etc.... I stuff something in my mouth. So, what now??? Am I supposed to stop eating altogether or stop feeling anything?!!? I'm not sure how that's going to go, but Dr.Phil helped me before so I'm sure he's going to help me again!!

The good news is that Eric's also onboard. He needs my support to lose weight as much as I need his- we have been talking about it a lot lately, and it's nice to have the support of a partner who you can admit EVERYTHING to. Like, just yesterday, Eric went out to grab a couple of coffees and when he came back I blurted, "I ate 6 cookies while you were gone!" and he said, "Oh Jo....I almost, almost stopped to buy a sausage and egg bagel at McDonald's even though I feel like absolute sh*t from all the eating I've done." You can go to all the Weight Watchers meeting in the region and never find THAT kind of support!

I noticed that all the kids have packed on a bit of weight since I've been staying home. I just love to cook and bake!! I suppose I'll have to find a challenge in making low fat food taste just as good as the high-fat, high calorie, high good tasting stuff. I think my focus will change a bit when I go back to school next month and I won't be cooking/baking/eating to fill my time. That will affect the kids and we'll all lose some pounds.

Onward and Upward!!!!!!

No comments: