Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maybe I need a Life Coach....


I'm feeling the pressure. I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't get worked up over Christmas, yet here I am with achey tonsils and a feeling of dread. You see, over the next 4 days I'm going to face seemingly insurmountable odds to fit everything in. If that's not bad enough, Sam is still pretty sick with his croup and not sleeping well at night. In fact, last night he visited me no less than 3 times to say, (in his raspy little voice) "Mommy, I'm having a busy time breathing". Translation: Mommy, I'm having a difficult time breathing.

So, tonight we have guitar and piano lessons, a Christmas concert (Sam and Kristen) at 7pm and Brandon's Cadet Christmas dinner until 9:30, and pick up Emma from work at 10:30. Breathe. Tomorrow, we've got Eric's office party and we were planning on staying overnight but at this point, Sam is too sick to leave with Emma so we'll probably come home. I'm still trying to plan an outfit! I usually LOVE to get dressed up, but I need some new shoes (not really) and I don't have time to get them....so I'm feeling a little stressed about that...

Over the course of the weekend we have 2 family Christmas celebrations (for which I need to cook and buy 7 gifts), and a birthday party. Also, Brandon has to be at the Sharon Gun Club and Emma will need rides to and from work......spin, spin, spin......(that's my head spinning!)

I've never really understood the concept of "Life Coaches"... are they supposed to help you organize your life when it gets like this so you don't have to drink your way through it? Would a Life Coach make my turnip puff or do my shopping? Or maybe a Life Coach would just point out that I'm trying to do too much and I'm stressing myself out? Whatever it is that they actually do, I think I'll pass....I figure the best way to live life is just jump in, stress and all....even if that means sinking sometimes!!

No comments: