Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just shut your mouth and smile. Shut your mouth and smile.....




Being the mom of a teenaged girl is never easy. On any given day I experience a range of emotions from love so deep it knows no depth, to irritation (like tin foil on a filling), to complete and utter disbelief that someone so much younger than me can know everything.


Today, I feel a little bit offended and it's for a very odd reason. You see, Emma and her best friend Gillian dyed their hair last night.


They are both natural redheads like me, and I couldn't believe that they wanted to colour their hair BROWN. Brown. Brown like soil. Don't get me wrong here- I have nothing against brown hair and people who are born with it should stay brunette.... but Emma was born with the MOST BEAUTIFUL auburn hair. You can't recreate it! And she chose to cover it up. And I just don't get it. I worked hard at making that girl and birthing that beautiful red head so I'm taking this a little personally, even though she tells me not to.


I HATE that she makes her own damn choices now. But I'm just going to put a smile on my face and shut the hell up. :)


PS Check out the before and after pics.

1 comment:

ariesgirl said...

Remember rat tails? Sun In? One side long, one side short aka Flock of Seagulls?

Tell her Riles prefers the red and thought she looked much older with the red.