Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Emma Justine.


I've had the opportunity to hang around with Emma a bit more lately because she doesn't have any exams this week. She and I have gone skating (twice) and to Starbucks....and we've also just spent time talking about so much stuff- her friends, my friends, Brandon, her dad and even some politics. The more time I spend with that girl, the more I realize that she's one of the coolest people I know! She's gorgeous, she's smart, she's warm and sincere, and she's really funny.

She's also turning 17 in a couple of weeks.

It just astounds me when I think about how long she's been around and how we have grown up together. I was 19 when I became pregnant with her and at the time I didn't realize how just having her would change my life. How she became the reason for EVERYTHING I did.....the decision to leave her dad was so much easier after she came along; I couldn't let her grow up thinking that men treat women like he treated me. I went back to work as a single mom to show her that moms can work, no matter what the situation. I went to college when she was 8 years old to show her that she can fulfill any dream, it's never too late. And I married the best man EVER because he loved her as much as he loved me.

I'm proud of myself for a lot of things. But I'm most proud of raising Emma.