Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm LOSING it.....


That's right! I'm LOSING it....so far, 6 lbs. And Eric's down 3 lbs this week. Yaaay for us!! Nine pounds between the two of us- that's a newborn baby Emma!

I am continuing to treat eating as an addiction...this means no little tastes, no cheats, no exceptions. And you know what? I don't miss that crap at all anymore. I'm not quite ready to sit in a room filled with birthday cakes, but I'm doing ok....

Eric is hitting the gym with a vengeance and continuing to count his points. I am finding yoga and meditation has helped me with any thoughts or cravings. I also find that getting on the Wii Fit keeps me on track because it weighs me and measures my body fat. Ugh. But it also helps me set reasonable weight loss goals!

I can't believe how much STRESS plays a factor in eating and weight gain! Whenever I start to feel the urge to stress-eat I deep breathe or chew a piece of gum and the urges pass.....I feel very peaceful about this new way of eating and living and I know I can keep it up. I have the support of my wonderful family and my amazing husband. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: