Monday, January 12, 2009

Hate to say, "I TOLD you so!"......but I'll say it anyway.


Yup. Not long at all until a little drama came back into our lives via Brandon. Yes, Brandon never fails to deliver the drama in our little lives. And he doesn't even realize that he's doing it! Because tonight Brandon is at his friend Alex's house and I am stewing mad over the fact that Emma told me that a girl at school told her that she saw Brandon smoking outside Coffee Time near the school today with "like, dirty 19 year-olds". Whew! I am BESIDE myself....on one hand; I can't tell Brandon what to do with his body (he's almost 15) On the other hand; I am sooooo wanting to punish that little sucker for doing harm to his body. Not to mention the fact that he swore to me/promised me that he didn't smoke anymore.

I have showed him the pictures in my medical dictionary of lung cancer, mouth cancer (really gross) and even penile cancer (THAT should have hit home!) I have talked to him about why/when/with whom he smokes and how he can avoid it in the future. But apparently, he's swayed very heavily by peer pressure and who knows? Maybe he's addicted to nicotine now....that would really, really suck.

Some parents might say, RELAX!! IT'S ONLY ANOTHER TEENAGED BOY CAUGHT SMOKING! Others might say, AT LEAST HE'S NOT ADDICTED TO CRYSTAL METH! And then there's the parents out there who have lost their kids who would kill to have the chance to intervene on such a situation.... In the back of my mind, I know that I'm over-reacting emotionally. So I try to think about what my dad would do about this situation.....

And after careful consideration, I have decided to go to the school at 9:10am and 12pm every day until I catch that little f**ker red-handed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jo/Jo. Well your Dad can,y help you much on this one as I also fell into this trap when I was young. I,am afraid Brandon has labelled himself. He is a person who is an undesirale now.The only thing you can hope for is that he has your willpower when and if he can quit.You will have to point out the bad things or maybee he should use the internet and write a paper on all the bad things about smoking.Pictures etc. as he dosen,t seem to see the problems associated with smoking social and healthwise. I guess what is next probably pot. Anyway Brandon is a follower and I hope he can become himself one day. Love you guys Goodluck Dad. (ps there is enough data to keep Brandon busey for a few weeks on his paper or theses).

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis.
The problem with your blog, is that I can simply invest 5 minutes a day of reading here, and I feel as though we're all caught-up! I apologize for the lack of communication on my part, and I promise to put forth a better communication effort.
I do love reading your stuff though, so don't stop blogging...