Thursday, January 8, 2009

Too good to be true?


I was just starting to feel pretty good about going back to school- my courses are paid for, I've talked to the college to make sure everything is ok and I have the kids signed up for daycare starting on February 2nd... then this morning I heard on the news that there's a pretty good chance that the elementary school teachers may go on strike after the March Break. It's really going to suck if that happens....I'm not sure what my plan will look like if that happens. It's not like my mom is here to help out with the kids (like, out of love, for FREE) and daycare is bloody expensive! I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and toes that the teachers get what they want and I won't have to deal with that.

Speaking of the March Break- I have been busy making plans for Emma and Brandon so I can fulfill my New Year's Resolution to get them out of the house more often, for longer periods of time.....Emma's going on a cruise and it looks like Brandon will be going to Miami!! You know what that means? At least 7 evenings alone for Eric and I. Seven evenings of no phone ringing, no computer keyboard tapping, no driving anyone, no Cadets, no saxophone/piano/guitar playing and NO FIGHTING! It's the best March Break I could ask for!!

On a positive note, I have lost 3 lbs so far. Yaaaaayyy!

No comments: