Sunday, January 4, 2009

Willpower? What willpower?


Last night Eric and I went out to dinner with our friends Jay and Mona. We're trying not to socialize around food much anymore, but we have had a couple of dinner dates planned for awhile and this was one of them. And we went to a local Italian restaurant, Al Casale. Which is Italian for OH MY GOD THIS FOOD IS F**KING AMAZING!!!!!!. And of course, there was wine....there's ALWAYS wine.......

So, while I was attempting to apply some of the tips from Dr. Phil's book on weight loss (self-talk, visualization) I found myself drinking red wine and eating lots of cheese and bread. Damn! The food was so good and I lost a bit of control...when dinner was over, everyone started ordering dessert and there was no amount of deep frickin' breathing that could keep me away from the owner's own tiramisu.....it was a religious experience for me. I'm not gonna lie.

So, today I have a bit of "buyer's remorse" and a lot of calories to work off. I have learned a little lesson about myself too....

I cannot be trusted around food.

So, as I clean out our cupboards and attempt to create a "No Fail Environment" I will have time to think about "what my payoff is" for repeating the same eating mistakes again and again. It turns out that willpower doesn't really have anything to do with it. Thank God, 'cause I don't have any willpower!!!!!!

No comments: