Sunday, January 11, 2009

No news is good news!







Things here have been humming along quite nicely without too many bumps...it's hard to blog when there's no drama, so I'm going to just give a few updates:



1) Eric is going to Ireland (again.) the week I start classes and I'm nervous about getting to and from school within the daycare hours.



2) Brandon has adopted his father's attitude due to spending a week with him over the Christmas holidays and yesterday I told him that I divorced his dad in large part due to that very attitude so he'd better lose it or lose his happy home.



3) Emma has changed her eating habits and is enjoying a 2 lb weight loss. She works every week, but we're pretty sure she is NOT saving any money for her trip in March.



4) Kristen has developed an addiction to her Nintendo DS. If we don't take it away, she will sit and play it aaaalllll day! On one hand, it's great because she's doing a lot of reading, on the other hand, she's already a great reader so she doesn't need the practice. I was thinking about finding a math game.....



5) Sam is having a hard time going all night without peeing the bed. In fact, he's only done it once... so, he is still wearing Goodnights. Today he is going to his little buddy's birthday party at Tumbletots. He's VERY excited and we're doing the last- minute gift-dash today.



6) I am continuing to focus on losing weight and exercising. I'm pretty sure I've almost rid my body of the sugar cravings, but if I even touched something sweet right now I wouldn't be able to stop myself from bingeing. I almost liken this addiction to the one I have with cigarettes; even to this day, if I decided to smoke just one I would be a full-blown smoker in no time!



7) Jewel is not fighting her addiction to the couch.



8) Cindy hangs around here like she's lived here all her life.






And finally, I will attach a couple of pictures of Eric and Sam putting together the new bookshelf from Ikea yesterday and picture of Eric enjoying his Sunday morning coffee today.



Sorry for the boring post, but I'm sure it won't be long before there's more drama to talk about.

No comments: