Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!


Ahhhh! New Year's day again already..... some people think ringing in the new year is a big deal. I'm not really one of them. However, we did share a fabulous evening of dinner and Wii with our friends in Aurora, Rob and Trish.

Emma and Brandon are both still away skiing on separate vacations. It has been heavenly to have our evenings to ourselves and to experience some peace and quiet! I know a lot of parents wouldn't admit this, but I really enjoy whenever the kids are away and I wish they would go away more....which brings me to my New Year's Resolution....it is.......drumroll please!.......

To find more places for my older kids to go more often so we can be alone more!!!!

I know, I know! I'm sure people are thinking that I should make a resolution to lose weight or get more sleep so I'm not such a bitch all the time....but I have found something that makes me truly happy and that is all that matters.

Speaking of losing weight, I am on my way! I've been reading the Dr.Phil books and trying to "get real" about my weight. Let me tell you that the best way to get real about your weight is to step on the damned Wii Fit and have it measure your BODY FAT and take your weight. After it spits out this horrifying information your little avatar blows up into a fat little avatar with a sad face. God!! What an inspiration for weight loss!

Now I will go to the kitchen and eat a healthy snack while dreaming about cookies.

No comments: