Sunday, January 18, 2009

A little Sunday Torture....




It was a snowy, snowy Sunday today. Environment Canada was bang-off on the weather again and instead of 2-5cm of snow, we got about 25cm of the white manure. Now that it's nearing the end of January, I'm becoming a bit of a "winter bitch".....just a little tired of the frigid temperatures and falling snow.


So, today Eric and I took Sam and Kristen ice skating.


Ya know, it was really.....um..... interesting.....Sam called it "skiing" even when we were on the ice skating around the perimeter of the rink. Kristen was having a fun time until she fell for the 50th time on the same spot on her rear end. She became soooo angry and pissed off! She was flailing, waving her arms and cutting people off while she cried out of frustration, struggling to get to the bench to rip her skates off. Eric and I haven't skated since that one time we went last year so we sucked too. In fact, Eric was skating with an achilles tendon injury from hitting the gym so much. Me? I just struggled to keep my skates from falling inward. My legs were shaking and I was trying to hold up the kids AND myself....and we did this for an entire hour. When we got our skates off it felt like days had passed since we hit the rink! We gathered up our stuff and got to the car while Kristen bitched about being hot and having a headache and Sam cried about his toes hurting. When we got back home and the kids were drinking a cup of hot chocolate Kristen said to me,


"I did a great job skating! I even did it all by myself!! Can we go again tomorrow?"


Oh. My. God.

No comments: